My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Not Doing That Much...

The plan is to take it easy until perhaps 4pm, get dressed and shaved, call into the supermarket on the way to the bus stop, catch a bus around 6.15pm which will get me to Chilton for perhaps 6.25pm at the latest. Walk some of the main street that runs through the town.

It is a town mainly of estates with a main road that runs through the middle. Take some images of the Christmas lights and a light sculpture that is there all the year round. But unless its dark you don't see the effect and as the bus passes it so quickly you don't really get the effect. I may take a short video.

Update:I'd like to visit the church again. The service went well and the church was packed. We had at least 10 carols plus readings. There were approx. 10 rows of pews with local dignitaries but still a good turn out of local people including The Lord-Lieutenant, Mrs Sue Snowdon who also gave a reading.

St Aiden's Parish Church Chilton December 16th 2013 getting ready for the Town Council Civic Carol Service

Interior of St Aiden's Parish Church Chilton. There's still something about an older church.

We were entertained by a choir from Chilton Primary School and it is with mixed feelings I was both touched and saddened to see the innocence of children but also knowing that will be lost. Precious whilst it is there.

There was a child band(maybe from the same school)playing steel drums too. And of course the Ferryhill Town Band always good. You really have no idea how much power there is when a brass band plays.

Half a Brass Band is better than none. Ferryhill Town Band at the Civic Carol Service, Chilton 16th December 2013

We also had chance to sing carols too...Once In Royal David's City, It Came Upon The Midnight Clear, O'Little Town Of Bethlehem, Away In A Manger, While Shepherds Watched, Hark The Herald Angels Sing and O Come All Ye Faithful.

Standing up and sitting down was a bit on the painful side between the songs.

I was going to stay for refreshments(many did)but I slowly made my way to the bus stop for the bus home. And strayed into a convenience store to stay warm for a few minutes and I found something not in my town's supermarket...Lotus Caramelised Biscuit Spread. I have had the biscuits in the past but never the spread which they say can be put on toast as an alternative to chocolate spread or peanut butter.

I listened to the radio again upon getting home and had some free range egg mayonnaise sandwiches with tomatoes, lettuce and some oven chips. It was a light meal and I was not going straight to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home