My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The New Yorkers...

I know very little of this entertainment group, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place on the internet or they don't have a website to visit.

The concert started at 6.30pm and there was an audience of approx. 50 people. I suppose the audience was what you would call mature. There were some children/young teenagers but they probably were there with relatives(grandparents and aunties/uncles)

We were entertained for two hours with a mixture of such a variety of popular music, some evergreens from musicals, the 40's/50's/60's,70's, some light classics, comedy songs and some that I recognised but are rarely included in the usual selection that are performed. They had some comedy routines too and also had a variety of costumes to change into. There were five in the group(three females/two males)I don't know if they are amateurs or semi professional. But it was an enjoyable night.

The audience were all sat at tables with tablecloths and a candelabra. Everyone was invited to bring their own drinks and nibbles. I took some sausage rolls/chicken rolls/crisps and some lager but I ended up being the only one eating anything and my companion ended up eating one chicken roll and took his packet of crisps home. Tea and coffee was available so the lager stayed unopened. A decent cup of tea always goes down well.

I'll take the sausage rolls to the bingo club tomorrow night.

I made some more chicken rolls when I came home and had a mug of tea. And am now resting in bed, reasonably warm and listening to the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home