My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 11, 2013

I Am Thinking Of...

making some home made ham and egg tarts. Small individual one's based on the idea of the pie that was brought into the club last night. Just a thought. I will have to adjust the measurements. Even if I bake a pie for myself as most of my books/websites are all geared to serving 4-8 people.

Its something to interest me and keep me busy during these Winter months.

I haven't eaten that much today but I'm ok. Besides I ate well yesterday. I make myself eat(it doesn't take much to do so)as I have not lost my appetite or love of food. But I rarely feel hungry. So perhaps we really have got into eating because of habit and having large portions. I've had a small Magnum Ice Lolly for a treat at teatime but will have some fruit, cereal and sandwiches later...I don't worry about sticking to set times.

I think I eat as well, possibly better than when my dear Mum was alive though we had lovely meals because of treating myself occasionally or finding items worth more being reduced in price.

I remember my parents saying always leave the table feeling that you could eat a little more. There is probably something very sensible about that advice. I have a friend and far be it from me to tell someone how they should live their lives but he does have health issues and is overweight.

I don't know what he does at home(still lives with his parents)and is older than myself by approx seven years but he does eat a fair bit when I have been in his company and can managed to put away 3-4 pints of booze on an evening out.

I manage to maintain my own weight to within a couple of pounds below or above my weight and stay reasonably constant. If I could exercise I could probably lose another half a stone. But I try not to take in more calories than I burn off and when I walk because it is such an effort it is like exercising.

I am sure I could help him lose weight but its breaking the cycle. But he doesn't see a problem and being under medical supervision and he does have check ups, they don't seem bothered on that score.

Update:I have put my heating on for a couple of hours and pushed the curtains behind the radiator so the heat goes into the room(though the bed probably blocks some of the direction it goes)and have now decided to close the door into the bedroom. I've always tended to leave it open so it may keep some of the heat in the room.

I have submitted meter readings for the gas and electric, don't know if its good/bad but in 26 days I have used 48 units of electric and 30 units of gas.

Its time to renew my contents insurance, as most items are old and I can use a charity furniture shop I'm tempted not to bother but its only £49 annually(less than £1 a week)so will do that at the end of the week, I can pay in Durham it appears and as I am there for the Lumiere I'll do that at the same time. Its the day I have my bloods taken too so its quite a busy one.

I have had a Heinz cup a soup(Chicken and vegetable)some wholemeal bread with marmite and two chicken, bacon, sweetcorn and mayo sandwiches in malted brown bread so I'm quite happy with that. I have banana which I may that have later in a sandwich. Going to have a coffee now.

I have decided to have breakfast again and a proper one at that...fruit juice, cereal or porridge with fruit and perhaps toast, marmalade and coffee. Also may add some fibre/seeds that I have. Told you...foodwise I'm doing great! I'm sure that I am getting all my minerals/vitamins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home