My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Drains 3...

Well I've come back from a reasonable day out to worry and my Housing Association and water board cannot be contacted until Monday.

I got a lot of assurance from the water board last week after the carry on about the drains and was told not to worry.

I even received a letter that has been sent out "It says" to a number of properties giving general info about what not to put down the drains etc...none of which I do. And never have.

My neighbour has put a note through my door telling me something I have no knowledge of.

As far as I know it has happened twice(after Mum passed away and not before if my memory is correct)both times as soon as I knew and was told I called my Landlord out.

The first time they did it. This time they passed it to the water company.

Now in this note and I have no idea which incident this refers to of the two I know of or if its an incident I have never known of but the neighbour is claiming that they came into my garden(no knowledge of this)lifted the drain cover, took out "Adult" nappies and took photo's of them. When did they enter my property?

I/we have never ever put any kind of nappy in the system.

Why have I never been told any of this out of decency? Its all news to me. Even the people who came out to unblock the drains never said anything like that was in the system or took them out of the drain to show me.

So now they are talking of contacting my landlord via their solicitor for compensation. But again why are they sending notes and not talking to me?

I only have contents insurance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

It sounds, to me, as if you have some nasty bullies for neighbours, Gildy.
The fact that they are going about things in a very backhanded way makes me smell a rat.
Going behind your back and writing notes rather than confronting you are not the actions of straightforward people.
You need someone on your side. Perhaps a local councillor, the CAB or even your landlord.

20 October 2013 at 10:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks VQ,
I do wonder where this is going. It will mean ill feeling between us and I want as little to do with them as possible. And if they trespassed and had another neighbour involved I now feel the same about him.

I have slept the night away so that's something. I'm ready for a possible battle.

I have mentioned the problem elsewhere and though its only opinions(not legally sound)they all say I have nothing to worry about and are much of the same opinion as yourself.

Even the water company said as much on the phone too but this latest note suggest they are talking the same way as my neighbours. But are they?

I can only see how things go in the morning when all the call centres open.

20 October 2013 at 10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


If they entered your garden without permission they were trespassing and should be reported to the law.
In fact if you wanted to be nasty yourself, you could say there were items of yours missing from the garden(garden tools etc) since they entered it- and they would not have a leg to stand on.

20 October 2013 at 11:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Anon, that's good to know.

My first call at 8am will be to the water company. Then my Landlord(Housing Association)

I may ask if I can go into their office, its only 15 minutes away by bus.

20 October 2013 at 11:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You know thinking about things those items that have been claimd to have been taken out of the drain/sewer if they were how come it was still blocked afterwards?

Also how do we know where they came from even if as they said they came to a halt where I am?

And again why did they just sit on the information?

20 October 2013 at 15:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home