My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Night Is Cancelled...

Well, that's my night cancelled...I was about to go out to the bingo and my neighbour informs me that the drains are blocked and at least 6 properties are affected. I believe that they hope it is mine as I rent it will cost them nothing but if it isn't, the Water company gets involved.

However it means I have to wait for a phone call and then be told what happens next.

I was going to leave access to the garden and still go out but as I have to wait for the call I have given up on the night. I'm glad that I wasn't seeing a show or I was out for the day.

I had to phone where I was going so they could cancel a taxi that brings me home and so they did not think I missing because I am ill again.

Being single(not a family)I haven't cooked anything in fat for ages but I would never put such items into a drain and it would always go into the wheelie bin so I have no idea what's happened.Most meals are not cooked. And again the toilet is not overused with not having a family. And I don't need to do a lot of washing up.

It takes forever for me to fill a wheelie bin.

Update:The phone call never happened I was promised never happened so I chased them to be told that they are not coming until morning so I could have gone out after all...

This is an emergency service. With half a street having blocked drains, surely there is a risk of it getting worse and you don't want sewage etc...backing up and yet we have to wait until morning. Not sure what would happen insurance wise because of a delay. The house on the other side of my property is unaffected though that neighbour had some rods and if there was a blockage cleared it. I seem to be the last in the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home