My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Early Again...

but its ok...I have slept. And there's still today.

Yesterday was a bit manky. I was feeling down and the weather did not help. But as the day progressed my mood improved. So by late afternoon I felt more positive and my usual self. And I still do.

I did not shave for going out as my whiskers were barely showing, I dis not look scruffy but I changed my clothes. I decided to take a cushion with me, the only thing that spoils a show in the local town hall is that the seats really are hard and uncomfortable. I remembered it u until I was out the door and down the street and could not be bothered to return home for it.

I made it to the bus stop with seconds to spare. I was not late but thought it was not due for a few minutes and as it did not leave for some time I guess it was early. I was 45 minutes early so got off the bus near a supermarket because I wanted some sweets just in case I coughed during the show. There were loads to choose from and yet the choice was somewhat limited(if that makes sense)I ended up something not that nice but they are ideal as they soothe the throat(not medicinal though)a kind of herbal affair. They'll last me ages.

I found a date and walnut loaf that had been reduced to 25p(a friend has been praising it to me)so thought I'd try it. I haven't found my marmelade and Marmite at home so purchased some supermarket brand versions of both so I can have toast again. And I gave in...at the music club in the raffle there was a box of biscuits for Christmas that I hoped to win which I didn't!

I found them in the store but at £6 no way would I consider them. However, for a limited time they are on offer for £2. So I have a box and will keep them back as a treat until Christmas or next year.

I arrived at the town hall with minutes to spare. The supermarket is further away than I realised. Found my usual seat at the front of the hall. Settled down, ear plugs in and...the show began.

The first act to warm up the audience is someone I see quite regularly at the music club on my town John Weighell, good set and humour between the songs and then it was the trio The Jaywalkers.They are classed as Bluegrass Folk but are much more. They comprise of a female bass player/vocalist, another who plays guitar, violin and sings and a male vocalist who plays guitar and mandolin. Some known and original music in the set.

They played a selection of blue grass, blues, folk and Brazilian music. Instrumental and songs both fast and slow. All accomplished musicians, engaging and open faces that showed how they enjoy doing what they are doing. See them if you are able.

I only had a very quick chat but in the interval they did not disappear but sat at a table and interacted with any audience member who wished to talk with them.

I rarely have a drink when there as they really are expensive, I have been known to take a bottle of water but last night I decided to have a tea. It cost £1.40 but these days you can pay much more. It wasn't bad value as you were given a little teapot and it contained enough for two making each drink 70p.

I hear that provisionally two of the acts lined up for the New Year(coinciding with Burns Night and St. Patrick's Day)are Isla St. Clare and The Happy Cats. I've seen the Cats before but they're good. Last time a kind of supper was included we'll see if that happens this time.

The show lasted approx 150 minutes including the interval and that gave me enough time to catch the last bus home without rushing. I was home just before midnight.

I had a banana sandwich and a coffee then settled down to watch via the internet, a tribute to a UK singer most popular in the 60's as part of the Liverpool explosion. Cilla Black became more of a TV presenter for the rest of her career. It was celebrating her 50 years in showbusiness.

And later today I hope to catch up on a radio concert Paul McCartney recorded earlier in the day for BBC Radio 2. All these just happened to fall on the same day as the concert I had booked.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home