My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Little Bit Of Toast...

Morning...Three slices of warm buttered wholemeal toast with orange marmalade. So far that's as exciting as it gets.

Afternoon...coffee and cake. There is a pattern to today, food.

Evening...Bacon Rolls, coffee and cake.

It was bingo night...its a cheap night really but as I rarely win I am probably out of pocket. An occasional win I would break even. Someone on my table did well winning twice and walking away with £19. That would pay for approx five weeks of me attending. Some do seem to be able to win every week. Random luck.

Two of the three clubs I frequent are doing raffles/hampers and they are appealing for items to include so I give with one hand and may possibly take with the other.

One club is giving each of us £5 of tickets to sell but I don't know anyone to sell them to except my fellow members so I may have to return most of them but buy a couple for myself.

Its silly spending loads on items to put in the hamper but I'm thinking whilst they are on offer perhaps I'll buy a couple of boxes of those biscuits and give one box to each.

Nearer the time I may buy something from a local Farmers Market(Thinking jams/chutneys/cheese)If I do that they'll have done well and I'll have done my bit. I think I will donate to a local food bank too.

More instances of the "Big Society" doing for itself(for those reading outside the UK)that is reference to a campaign/idea of our Prime Minister which many dislike.

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Looking at your menu for today...... where are the vegetables, Gildy?
Tut, tut.

18 October 2013 at 18:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I know I have been naughty sometimes VQ...two days recently I ate nothing but rice crackers.

However, today I have had toast and raspberry curd. Homemade soup containing potato, parsnip, leek, carrot, celery.

Now I am having lettuce, watercress, spinach, tomato, egg, cucumber, corned beef and chips. Wholemeal bread.

So I think I have redeemed myself ;o)

18 October 2013 at 22:18  
Anonymous VQ said...

Well, okay then.
Just remember that I'm keeping a beady eye on you! :-)

19 October 2013 at 09:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's good to know :o)

19 October 2013 at 10:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home