My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Morning All...

I have slept like a top and woke in a positive frame of mind...was that because I had a small bottle of Magners Cider? Or another reason...read on.

I had a restful Friday and made my way to the concert as planned which turned out to be mainly gospel based. Before the concert, I remembered there is a smaller branch of a supermarket near the venue where I probably could buy more of the Christmas boxes of chocolate biscuits whilst on offer to donate to Christmas Hampers.

And at £2 instead of £6 that is quite a saving. Really they are probably overpriced anyhow so such a reduction is great but when added to a hamper anyone who knows they usually sell at £6 will feel they have got something worth a fair price if accompanied with similar items. And it will be special.

The weather was grotty and wet. But there was a good turn out for the event. I can always spot something I have missed before and will post an image soon of a commemorative stone I found yesterday which I bet few even notice, someone who wrote many compositions for brass bands.



I thought that the concert would be a mixture of music, it was all gospel and preaching. Some of it was ok and I could identify with what was being said about how finding "Jesus" has made a difference to their lives but sometimes what may be genuine can come across a little over the top and one of the performers was very animated(trained actor)it came across as though you were watching a play. Perhaps that's just me and unfair.

Then again every so often things happen in life, big and small, that make you think, "That has to be more than a coincidence" And someone helping to organise the event arranged to get me home(instead of waiting for a bus for an hour)Was someone watching over me, keeping me safe?

I came home and had lovely corned beef salad and slept really well so had the event had calmed me?

Well today, I'm going to make the journey to Durham again, no plans to buy anything but if I see some jam or chutney that is a bit special I may buy it to give to a charity draw or the hampers as well as the biscuits or instead of. Perhaps I'll keep those for me

However, its all about apples in Durham today and someone is demonstrating/cooking with apples, lots of free samples and some warm apple and spice drinks on offer too. Any excuse to go. If I do I'll leave it until lunchtime and take the morning easy. I've only to get dressed and go, little else.

Will wrap up warm...

Update:Much as I love Durham, it was a disappointment. I found no cooking demonstrations or the drinks. I did come home with some items for my own cooking including some bags that claim to make bread, fruit and veg last longer and some cutters that can be used to make biscuits/scones etc...I then travelled to Darlington and found a new discount book store and found some with lovely easy recipes aimed at children but I think I can do and another full of different types of biscuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home