My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lunchtime Concert In Durham City.

It took place at the Gala Theatre in Durham City, on 11th October and was the second of a series of monthly concerts. It was very well attended. I guess the audience was mainly mature. That could be because of the music being played but I guess at that time of a weekday many others could be working or looking for work, have other commitments.

I suspect most of the audience were retired or able to make it because of working different hours to the traditional 9-5 stereotype or perhaps from a household where one partner is working. Or they could be singles for one reason or another.

It took place in the intimate area called The Studio on the very top of the building.

This time it was the Roly Veitch/Sue Ferris Trio.

Roly Veitch - Guitar

Sue Ferris - Saxophone/Flute

Andy Champion - Bass

The style was quite free form where each person goes off the general melody and does their own thing. It had the feel of a jamming session. After each performer had done their solo piece the audience would do their polite applause but occasionally become confused and find they were a lone clappergiggling emoticon

The selection of music played...All of Me, Beautiful Love, There Will Never Be Another You, My Romance, A Day In The Life Of A Fool, Autumn Leaves, In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning and Sandu. The session lasted approx. an hour.

A pleasant way to spend an hour and I'll do again...possibly in November but if I am still ok I have a ticket for December's show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home