My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

The Hollies In Concert.

Back from The Hollies concert annoyingly I was sneaking photo's "here and there" expecting to have the hand of an usher on my shoulder or the group saying stop but no one did. So they could have been better and I could taken loads.

 The concert was great. Annoyingly(for the second time)I missed a bus to the concert by seconds(I did not know one was scheduled at that time)and was in a different road but the bus stop was just across the road. I went to my usual stop and the same bus was sitting there as it was slightly early, it pulled away with me only seconds away so I missed it twice.

The one I was going for(5 minutes later)I found has been withdrawn so I would have to wait until 19.10 but the concert started at 19.30 and it takes at least 25 minutes to get there and then 15 minutes walk if you don't connect with a town bus that runs past the theatre.

So I reluctantly went to the taxi rank on my town, no taxi's. The local taxi office was closed. Coming home was wasting time so I went to Tesco's to use the free phone(the earliest one was 19.25)I phoned another firm and he came for me within five minutes. He got me to the theatre with five minutes to spare. And managed it without speeding but was lucky the roads were not busy.

Fortunate that he knew me as a regular customer(well I used to be)when Mum was alive and income was not as tight for a variety of reasons. Officially, he was waiting for another taxi to come back to my town and he was meant to provide a service on the town but waived that rule to get me there.

They performed all of their hits, some extras, some different versions of some hits and the concert lasted two hours. Most of the band have been together for many years so have earned the right to call themselves a "Hollie" but only two were there at the start but they all are between the ages of 53 and 72. Its the music that speaks.

But I did not expect having to add an extra £13.50 to the night with the taxi. At least the bus home was free...and I now know the new bus schedule I'll see that doesn't happen again. I have a little spare amount of money saved because I am so in advance on my rent/water rates but I'd rather have it for a rainy day or for some unexpected bill so it could have been worse.

The present line up as seen this evening but on a recent TV show in Germany. Don't know why our own TV stations never have such shows.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home