My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

I May Be Missing For Sometime...(Ammended Post)

I have a hernia some of you know that(hows that for honesty)which I have been able to manage reasonably ok for a number of years. Caused I suspect by water retention/extra weight due to various medications I have been on. I have taken the weight off and am a reasonable weight.

Having it seen too was put off especially whilst looking after my Mum who became terminally ill and passed away April 2012.

Today I had to go out for a number of reasons and all seemed to be going better than normal because I have paced and rested myself so mobility wise I was happy, buses ran well etc...

But by the time I was on the last bus home(expecting to do a small tidy, repair the crack that had appeared in the ceiling, rest and attend my bingo club at the sheltered housing) I was in agony and could not fix it.  So instead I was rushing around packing a rucksack with all the things I needed for a hospital visit at short notice(pyjamas, slippers, dressng gown, medication, socks, shirts, flannels, shaving gear, money)probably missed something and had convinced myself that I had to go. Made my apologies to a few people explaining why I would be missing.

I feel like the boy who cried wolf as I was almost at the point of making a phone call ti arrange things or my own way to hospital, it settled down again.  But I know it will have to be seen to. Sooner rather than later but if I can get away with it a little longer(I come first)I'd like to get to my concerts tomorrow and Wednesday(having purchased tickets)and leave my home tidy and have that repair finished.

So if nothing goes wrong again I hope to deal with it going through normal procedures not being rushed in as an emergency.

But as said in the original post if I disappear, you know why and hopefully it will go well and I won't be away too long.

If it is a reasonably uncomplicated problem I hope they'll allow me home but there is no one to care for me unless neighbours pop in. But if I got into difficulty I have one of those phones where you hit a button or wear an alarm on the wrist so I can summon help.

6 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

So pleased to hear that you're no longer in agony, Gildy.
You take care now and don't go climbing over the ceiling!

11 October 2013 at 10:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks VQ,
Will be testing the water soon as carefully I have a concert to attend in Durham at 1pm.

Not much walking mainly on buses and sitting in an intimate studio watching a jazz trio and pianist basically jamming but playing the standards.

Hope I am ok...we'll see.

Good news I can reach the ceiling easily standing on the bed...if all is well, next year I'll maybe get someone in and paint the ceiling(and others)with a new paint that stops/hides such problems and is very popular.

11 October 2013 at 10:17  
Anonymous VQ said...

Ooooh. I need some paint like that. Does it have a name?

11 October 2013 at 18:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Even without sound this short video should be easy to follow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kshJJwaW60k&feature=share&list=PL1B2442A618C66FF9

Its made by Pollifilla but I think somewhere like Wilkinsons do their own and there are other quick ideas for getting rid of cracks, one looks like a stick similar to a Prit stick.

11 October 2013 at 20:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

In case its not clear...

Fill any cracks first, then apply Crack Free Paint. Most paint shops should stock it. It seems to be only available in white. I don't see why once dry a different colour could be applied? Its said one coat should be enough but another can be applied.

12 October 2013 at 00:35  
Anonymous VQ said...

Thanks, Gildy. I've made a note of that.

13 October 2013 at 15:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home