My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 07, 2013

I Suddenly Got The Urge...

To have a tidy around so I have all my blankets and clothes in the wardrobes and cupboards. I did that in the middle of the night. I am about to dry my washing. Between now and 9am I will have a quick tidy of the bathroom, hall and my bedroom which leaves only a quick dust and attempt to vacuum. And I guess I'll find out if I need to invest in a new one or should get it repaired.

I hear the weather is to start to turn cold...gales, frost(Snow on high ground in Scotland)and I guess quite soon I will find out if my plans to keep warm work any better than last year as for anyone reading from abroad we are reasonably close to Scotland.

Whilst having my tidy up I am happy to say I have found my missing pom pom hat that I could not find earlier in the year so I have quite a selection of warm hats, socks, scarves, gloves, jumpers, thermals, pyjamas and dressing gowns...

And of course my new winter duvets. I'm now looking for flannelet blankets for my bed(I believe they are known these days as brushed cotton)

Thinking of soup today using a chopped up vegetables mix that I have and adding a stock cube. I will have to decide whether to do it in the slow cooker or on the hob, also whether to leave the vegetables in pieces or to blend them.

I'll take it easy tomorrow as I have to be around for my gas and electric meters to be read. Then I may go for a bus ride and buy my tickets for the concerts at the Town Hall for this month and December. And for the lunchtime concert this Friday.

I'm not too worried about the weather but the person I sometimes go out is already worried about being unable to get home even if a small amount of bad weather happens. If I was stranded I would find a hotel but I keep up to date with weather conditions and stick to main routes, naturally if it was really bad I would stay home too. Its commonsense. I don't want to risk a nasty fall. I fear ice on paths more than I do snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home