My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Next Day Was So Different...

I am doing my repairs over the weekend.

So just talking about Friday...

I got up and was shaved and out the door by 11am, missed a bus by seconds but during the day they run every 15-20 minutes so another arrived quite quickly. Upon arriving I crossed over the road from the bus station and approx ten minutes later boarded a bus that takes you to the market place and saves you having to climb quite a steep winding bank. I hate to think what it is like when icy.

Thinking about it, as that area is mainly a series of cafés and shops that I am unlikely to frequent it is a good idea to use it if possible.

I made it over to the Gala Theatre for the lunchtime concert.

I was number 35 but the place was virtually full by the time it started which pleased everyone and that was around 100. It was a reasonably intimate space too. It lasted approx an hour.

I came out and slowly made my way back to the bus station, its easier going down the bank but will use the market place bus next time. I was tired yes but safe.

These past few days and the coming weekend there were some continental market stalls but for me much of what was available did not appeal to me on taste and cost. A small loaf of bread costing £3.50+ as an example and some of the food(and I don't have a strong sense of smell)that was being cooked seemed a bit sickly to me.

The weather has turned and its quite cold indoors tonight but with enough bedding and my thermals on I'm ok...will have to dig out the hot water bottles again...and perhaps start wearing gloves again if my hands are outside the bedclothes to keep fingers warm.

I have noticed a Man's clothes shop in the Gates Shopping Centre. I'll admit the clothes are lovely and the male assistant I saw today as I passed by is immaculately dressed. Not a thing out of place and everything coordinated but I doubt I could afford what they sell(usually the shop has been empty when I pass)but I assume it sells enough to stay in business. Some blazer's in the window were priced at £225.

I can only guess what the shirts and ties cost.

However two retail units further down, a new shop is opening offering up to 70% of what it sells and it looked as though they had some lovely clothes for sale, so I thought that will be competition for them.

It turns out it is run by the same company...so I wonder just how expensive clothes will be with the discount. I would not enter the first shop on cost and its very formal but the new shop is more open plan. It looked as though it was more casual wear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home