My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

The Five Faces Of Mann...

So last evening I saw a concert given by most of the original members of the 60's band Manfred Mann and fronted vocally by Paul Jones. I have to say...he's looking good for his age(I hate bringing that into the equation)I don't and I am almost twenty years younger than him(He's seventy one BTW)and he sounded good too.

We were given a selection of songs from an album that has been reissued hence the "Five Faces of Mann" tour. But we also had extras thrown thrown in from the other members appearing on stage and their long careers including Tom McGuinness who had connections with Gallagher and Lyle. Also a group called McGuinness Flint and their biggest hit perhaps was "When I'm Dead and Gone"

And we were also given a fair selection of the hits we ll remember from the 60's that Manfred Mann had Pretty Falmingo, Do Wah Diddy Diddy, The Mighty Quinn, Sha La La, 54321, Come Tomorrow and so on.

They have an official website of their own The Manfreds Its worth booking to see them if you get the chance whilst you may.

They also have quite an active Facebook page and seem quite happy to put up images of their concerts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home