My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Has It Always Been Said Or...

Is it said more these days? I have found myself disillusioned more the older I get though I like to think that I will keep my sense of wonder and feel as the lyrics of Bob Dylan's Forever Young portrays(I heard it a few minutes ago on Desert Island Discs)and it touched a nerve. But I do find myself saying "I would not like to think I was being born into this world today, the way its going"

But another couple of things I hear from many if I do get into a conversation about this is "How awful the world is now" and "I would not have or would think long and hard whether I would bring children in the world as it is now"

Or is this something we all think at some time and the Human Race always has and always will?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think every generation has felt this way.

Personally, I think that kids are the only hope the world has got!

Maybe they'll learn from our mistakes and do a better job.

Jan :o)

30 May 2013 at 01:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think that you could be right. As long as they don't become disillusioned or jaded.

1 June 2013 at 19:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home