My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Disappointed And A Partially Wasted Day...

I went to Stockton and the event that was planned and it was a waste of time...the charities/organisations offering advice for a healthy lifestyle was just a few people with leaflets sitting in small tents...though it was only 2pm, the cooking demonstrations seemed to be over and the few ordinary market stalls were few, the best one was selling fruit and veg but as I needed nothing I spent nothing.

I found a small area where some birds of pray were on show but the impression was that they were not doing demonstrations but allowing children to have photo's taken by parents with a bird sitting on a gloved hand.




 
 
There were a couple of other birds but they were being used in photographs, one was an owl. Pity not to have photo's of the other birds but in this day and age I thought it best to avoid including the children as it was the only way to feature the birds even though it was a happy scene.




Many years ago the venue above got all the top artists and performers from the world but it closed and was allowed to fall into a poor state and for years it has been talked about opening again but for the first time I came across the mural outside the building, we will have to see if anything comes of it.

Its hard to believe it played host to artists like the Beatles, Lulu, Billy Fury, Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly etc...though very young I know I saw Frank Ifield and Charles Hawtrey in pantomime and it is quite possible that the Shadows were in the same show. They did write a piece of music on one of their visits to the area called "Stars Fell On Stockton" If you enlarge the images to their biggest possible its quite impressive.

The strapline is "Bringing the stars back to Stockton" It would be great if they could as it is nearer to this part of the North but unless it could attract the kind of performers that appear at the Sage I'm unsure what stars there are these days to attract. It was a different time in the 50's, 60's and 70's.


 
I came back to Darlington and decided to fill in time until a concert I booked ages ago. Here is an image of the town clock and covered in market which next weekend celebrates its 150th Anniversary and the High Row. And people are going to dress in Victorian costumes.

 
 
 
Finally my view of the stage at the concert I attended. I could have had some great shots but failed because I had the settings on my camera wrong. I'll know for another time...I will post a review soon. It appears that the group have posted images on the net themselves but mine would have been brighter and closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home