My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 31, 2013

You'd Think That I Would Be Healthy...

with what I eat.

Well as said earlier I had a basic salad for my meal out, the portion was large and I managed to eat most of it but still had to leave some. Earlier this evening I had more salad in wholemeal rolls and added turkey. I shall make some more with being out tomorrow. I am unsure if I will be home before late in the evening. I will take them in my rucksack and perhaps water too.

I think tomorrow will be mainly a fruit day. I don't want to waste what I have so my breakfast will be a fruit salad, yogurt with extra fibre. I mention being healthy but at present my nails are a bit brittle though I am eating all the right foods so I am going to blame the medication that I am on. With all the vitamins and minerals I get it cannot be the food.

My food store was tidy and in the dining room which was easy to access when making meals in the kitchen but after "that2 visit it is now stored in a built in wardrobe in a bedroom which means having to move crates around and take food downstairs when needed. But its out of sight and all my spare gadgets and cooking impliments are in the same place.

When I clear the other wardrobe unit in the bedroom I can have extra storage space and arrange the store into two areas and it will be easier to get at what I need...

Many I know from talking on forums have such stores in their homes and hide it in garages, lofts, under the bed and so on and it is more common than many realise especially in austere times...often because income is reduced for a number of reasons be it sudden unemployment, illness or benefits being changed. Needs a quick tidy which can be done with another couple of crates for the extras added recently.

 

Not being big headed but after cooking, reading many books and visiting many websites over the years I know without thinking about it how much of what I eat is good for me and my health and that I eat a good range of fresh fruit and vegetables giving me the vitamins and minerals that I need. But finally I am going to have something indulgent after my meals during the coming days. I have a toffee apple crumble and a vanilla cheesecake.

However, I am thinking of having a look out tomorrow and spending time at an event that is taking place a few miles from here about how to improve health/well being. I am always willing to hear anything that I think will help still further.

ETA...The store is now tidier than in the image and there are more crates, the items on the shelf are not food but gadgets etc...

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Crikey, Gildy. Are you thinking of feeding the 5,000?
You've got almost as much food in that cupboard as the whole of my local Tesco's! :-)

31 May 2013 at 21:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, there's nothing being added to the store and its allowing me to save money and variety. :o)

Had the dreaded letter from the HA again, with when they want to return next Friday afternoon.

This time they want to look at the garage. So as I was going through that slowly and putting it the wheelie bins.

Also I had to put some of what I cleared temporally so it starts again...

Will see what I can do in the next six days.

1 June 2013 at 00:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home