My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Well, Still Images Are Appearing...


I managed to post a short video with sound as a test but my blog keeps telling me that there are problems uploading the video's but won't tell me why. I am wondering if it is because I am going over a set amount of data that I am allowed to upload.

Its a pity because the three test video's weren't bad. I am attempting to link or embed them from You Tube but I may find that will start to cost money and space may be limited. Its a learning curve...I haven't given up even though I have been trying off and on for to succeed for over 14 hours.

OK...It would appear that I have not quite sussed out how to put my videos directly on my blog and have to use You Tube for now....

 




Someone is treating and taking me for a meal for my birthday. So I will have somewhere to go on my birthday.

Scarborough may be pushing it on Saturday...may go to a market in Stockton on Tees on Friday there is a promotional event about eating and staying healthy on the day too...I could possibly manage Barnard Castle on Saturday for a look out and there is a Farmers Market but I don't need anything.

Next weekend the indoor market in Darlington celebrates its 150th Anniversary and they have a kind of event.
 
On Friday evening there is a concert with members of the 60's band Manfred Mann.

Sunday night there is my game of bingo at the local Navy Club. Earlier in the day the remembrance service at church(hard to believe so much time has passed by)

 

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Lovely pics, Gildy. I wouldn't know whether your sound is working or not. My old laptop doesn't do sound ny more!
I'm so glad that you're getting out and about but DO beware of people telling you that you are a true friend. He's probably fine but you never know. I'm sure you'll be cautious after your last experience.
P.S. DO have a little gravy with your turkey! :-)

29 May 2013 at 16:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Totally agree VQ with your warning. I was already cautious with the previous person before the alarm bells starting ringing.

This person is very quiet, still as at home with aged parents, worked all his life but until the Gov closed them down was at Remploy.

He troubles no one. Likes simple things like music, old movies and his passion is trains(especially steam trains)

He is thoughtful and inoffensive. He is not intense and over the top.

My turkey joint was half price(normal reduction in price)and it has done rather a lot so it should do meals and sandwiches for a few days :o)

It will do more because of the fact that I eat smaller meals anyhow...even though I love food.

Yes, I am quite pleased with the images considering I did not use flash and I found even more features that may improve images when flashless.

Also with online and software built into the camera I can given time probably tweak the images so they look even better.

With more mega pixals I may be able to crop images or go in closer without losing quality.

I have purchased computers that cost less than the camera though it is only a compact digital camera and I think I saved £50 on it.

I got a £10 gift voucher(I was't going to but I took out a two year guarentee on it)so that came down to £38.

I purchased a very big memory card and that was reduced by a third too.

It uses a battery pack that has to be charged by the pc or mains but lasts much longer than batteries so there are more positives than negatives and it is smaller and quicker than my original camera.

It should last me years perhaps the rest of my life...

29 May 2013 at 17:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...



i thought you were worrying about not being able to eat properply becuse of the bedroom tax?

30 May 2013 at 17:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

My food store, eating small portions and getting food reduced/on offer I'm managing...for now.

Like many in work/out of work/with health issues etc...no guarantees what the future holds for any of us. The orginal camera is out of date and this one will have to last years. As the last one had to.

The memory card was on offer and unless it fails this one card will do all the still and video capture I'll ever need.

With all the offers it has many more features but was virtually the same price as the one I originally owned.

30 May 2013 at 18:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You may also see that many of my meals are simple, require little preperation and I am even getting into a bit more cooking from scratch.

That is another skill worth having, can be cheaper in many ways and it can be good for the soul.

30 May 2013 at 18:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home