My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Panoramic Views...

I took these from the bottom of my street where most of the view is as its been for the last fifty years that I remember but having Aldi take up the location it has opened out an area that for many years was an eye sore. If I can find the images again I'll post them for a comparison.
 
 For some twenty years or more there was a horrible building constructed in a variety of dark brick and was a different selection of weird shapes and because of the design it was ugly and from the roadside all you were able to see was the back where deliveries were made and the design resulted in the building becoming damaged and then it took so long for it to be demolished it ended up being vandalised. And empty and a place for many pigeons to live.
 
The second image really shows how the area has opened out and how much more light there is. It is so much better...in the main older part of the retail area of the town(again I'd like to find the original images)it is amazing how they are taking a centre that is around sixty plus years and trying to bring up to some newer standard.
 
If I'd had my new camera at the start of the year I could again show how it is being opened up and again some of the mistakes made over the years are being taken away.
 
In recent years we've had another newer area built where Tesco's was built and when the building I mentioned earlier was still standing it did feel very much as though it was two unconnected areas
and it was difficult to feel as though they shared the location, now it seems very much easier to walk between both and hopefully local businesses can thrive again.
 

 
 
To see the images don't forget to double click on the images and if you do so a second time you can see the images even larger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home