My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Will Start On Working Through More Tidying Up Again Soon

But taking a rest over the weekend and doing as little as possible...

Not sure if its stress(I generally don't do stress unless it comes looking for me)but I know it is a very real condition or my general condition but the last day or two I had to give in and use taxi's. I just hadn't the energy to walk slowly the few streets between my home and the shops. A lack of public benches when I am like this even standing is difficult. I have been known to give in and sink to my knees in a public street to get relief.

I replenished my healthy store of fresh food(salad and vegetables/lots of root vegetables in that selection)likewise fruit.

I had to laugh yesterday morning when I picked out a few portions of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries I washed them in a big glass bowl, I suddenly thought why dirty another bowl so just poured my vanilla and cherry flavoured yogurt on top, added sliced banana, milled linseed, gojiberries, sunflower and pumpkinseeds and used the same bowl. That was some fruit salad breakfast.

My gardener/odd job man on Thursday bagged up some of the stuff in my home for sorting later and some items that should not have been included...were, stuff that I need and I have had to buy again(cutlery, food storage boxes etc...)It has also meant spending some money that I need not have.

I can't explain but with all that has happened my interest in cooking has been fired again and though I cannot share it with anyone, I want to succeed at baking bread and also bake cakes etc...its therapeutic as much as anything. But I will make certain that I do not put the weight back on or spoil my healthy diet(but unless told otherwise due to health issues)we all need/deserve a treat. I also think visiting local markets(especially Farmers Markets)have played their part and having a friend like Gingerbread Mam

I hope to get back into my interest of making cocktails within reason.

I should try and do something special on Bank Holiday Monday, I'd like to go to The North County Show but it will take a lot of travelling and the bus service means that I would not arrive before 1pm and would have to leave by 7pm. So this year I may have to give up on the idea. I'm being too ambitious. It also depends how I am on the day.

Talking to a neighbour who has health problems of her own and now her husband, she said they notice how often I struggle and how slow I am and when I am having a slightly better day.

Overnight even taking painkillers I was kept awake with painful legs, so now that I have some relief I expect I shall have a snooze this morning to make up for the poor night. And I have managed breakfast(fruit, strawberry crisp cereal and milk)

Next weekend is busy(as I think I have already said)there is a concert by the original members of Manfred Mann the day after my birthday, possibly an exhibition at the local railway museum with many trains that have come from the National Museum in York. And on Sunday a remembrance service for Mum but I also include Dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Good for you, Gildy. You're right to take a day off.
As for the painful legs..... I have the same problem and can only walk for short distances and can't stand too long either. When in bed, I rest each leg on a pillow and find that it helps.
If lying on your side, sometimes a spare pillow between your knees might help. It's worth a try rather than resorting to pain killers.
Your fruit and seed breakfast sounds wonderful. Mmmmmmm.

26 May 2013 at 09:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's a very good idea VQ, If warm and I have been in bed the last couple of nights I have had the quilt that covers me between my knees when on my side. I think it causes me the problem of restless legs. I wonder why it is less of a problem if sleeping during the day?

I will give the pillow idea a go again. I used to do that to help reduce water retention in my ankles.

Its amazing how quickly you can use up your calorie intake and it shows just how easily you can start eating more than you should.

Today, I have had fruit, strawberry crisp cereal and milk. Earlier two small rolls with watercress, rocket and spinach, a boiled egg, tomato, slice of edam cheese and corned beef, if I have nothing else today I have had over my quota.

I've introduced more eggs into my diet(I boil quite a few at once so I avoid using the cooker to do only a couple at a time)and I plan to have scrambled eggs more amongst other recipes(so quick and easy)

For the first time in my life I came home with a carton containing 30 eggs last evening.

26 May 2013 at 09:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home