My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, May 06, 2013

Totally Different Meal Plan Today...

Ended up eating prepared egg and cress sandwiches(three)reduced to 39p. And in my own store I found a Baxters Deli-Inspired bowl of Sundried Tomato and Parmesan with Orzo Pasta. It was quite filling and tasty. I would usually bypass that on price but in reality for a main meal offering three of my five daily portions of fruit and vegetables, also how easy it was to prepare 3 mins in a microwave, that's good. So may have it again. I had some bread with it too.

It does cost £2.08 and I can do a full meal with a couple of courses for less. It was well past its best before date but tasted fine...How old was it? November 2012.

Truth is I have such a store of food, I will have to let the bargains go for awhile, its a nice position to be in but all the space in the fridge/freezer is taken, as are the cupboards and pantry. And I have my extra food store too.

And now I am looking at baking more home made items for fun as much as anything. So I have my baking supplies in too.

I've been thinking...virtually everything that is reduced in the yellow sticker section is from the Supermarkets own range or the delicatessen/fish counter. I am guessing lots of other good food(branded)is returned to the supplier or thrown away and not offered. What a waste. Good job they put out their own stuff and its usually the better quality items. Sometimes bread is sold at really low prices too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home