My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 03, 2013

Not Going Out Today...

No reason to...its not too pleasant weather wise and there seems to be a strong wind to battle against. I was planning on visiting another Farmers Market tomorrow which is supposed to be good but if the weather stays like this, again I may just stay at home. I don't need any food and I'd rather wait and spend a little more next weekend when I hope to attend the Tynemouth Food Festival.

Its a big event and if I spend now...you can guess the rest. Ask me tomorrow, I can change my mind in minutes. I hope to take some photo's at the Festival and if I manage to, reach the actual coast that is a bonus. It is said to be quite stunning. I may very well go back another time when the festival isn't on just to take in more of the scenery. I may be trying to do too much in one day. The following images were posted on the twitter account of the event.




I live in the North East of England and but realise that I have hardly seen much of the area and that's my misfortune. I am a little limited by the time it takes to travel via public transport but I can just about manage to get to Tynemouth though we're talking of two to three hours travel in both directions.

If I set off early enough and can leave around teatime I can manage around six hours in the town, if I take something to eat and drink in my rucksack I'll be ok.

I'm about to have my first meal...ok snack of the day...I have three sandwiches worth £2.20(I paid £1.35)

They are well packed and the total calorific value of the three is 630kcal. There is a bacon, lettuce,tomato, mayonnaise on malted brown bread. Roast chicken breast, lemon and black pepper mayonnaise on malted brown bread. Finally cheddar cheese, pickle and mayonnaise on white bread.

I don't think that's too bad costwise approx 45p a sandwich.

And I'll decide what else to have later, I finished off the quiche from yesterday's meal earlier this morning. It said use by April 22nd and after being cooked it was fine...and I'm still here. It said it was a bacon, tomato and sausage one but thinking about it now I don't remember tasting any. But hey, it was half price.

I purchased some more yogurts whilst on offer so that's now 24 pots in the fridge(quality and flavour)and soon I will take up an idea from a friend who often eats it with cereal or fruit for a snack or breakfast. And now that I know that fresh milk lasts well past the date if kept in a decent fridge I also managed to get my hands on 4 pints for 63p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home