My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Having A Late Night...

Watching a little TV. Listening to the radio...

And I've just been looking at my sourdough starter(its looking the best it has since I started)and the two doughs that are proving in their glass dishes seem to be doing well as far as I can say. And this time I am thinking of reducing the oven temperature. One is white, the other a wholemeal but from a number of sources they say when making a wholemeal loaf it is best to mix white and wholemeal together.

I've had some cereal with banana and blackberries so I'm happy.

And I feel quite cosy, there's no heating on and I have managed to discard extra clothes, hot water bottles etc...

Update:A new day and we have sunshine*:) happynowhere to go unless just for the sake of it. There's a real beer festival in Gateshead starting tomorrow but it will take some time to get there and I would only be able to drink one so sadly that seems a waste of time. I can't be drunk getting on public transport to come home and there is still my health I have to be careful of. The bread has continued to rise and my starter dough is looking the best it ever has. So hopefully a good sign. I've given it longer this time and will knock it back, knead it and let them rise a second time. I'm told sourdough loaves take longer(as long as 8 hours)before you put them in the oven but...

I've found a book with the simplest recipe for making all types of bread including sourdough and soda bread and there are easy directions for the starter but I have already set it all away before seeing the book. But I may follow the recipe in the future. This recipe mentions adding a little sugar, baking soda and butter/margarine. Which so far none of the other recipes and the latest TV cook do not add.  This recipe says allow an hour for the dough to rise, knead it, leave it again for forty minutes and when risen again, put into the oven and this recipe says bake at a lower temperature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home