My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, May 06, 2013

House...

Well, I managed to get out for the evening and pushed the boat out. I'm kidding of course*;) winkingLast of the big spenders...but with no buses I had to find £4 for a taxi(thankfully my friends let me come home for free)then I made my coke(drink)last all night whilst I was there*:)) laughingHad four games of bingo, a quiz and a game called 21 where card suites and numbers are called out. You match the cards and when you put the last card down in your hand on the table shout house. Simple entertainment and it filled a couple of hours. On the quiz we came out with 13 points out of 20 and were close on a couple of others. But being close is not good enough.

When I came home I set too on demolishing one of the chicken pies that was reduced in the supermarket. I decided to add some extra ingredients and hoped to remove the pastry crust cleanly.

It really is packed with chicken and a creamy sauce. So much I found it difficult to add some diced ham, sliced leeks and asparagus. With my handy work it now looks like a jigsaw...but its what it tastes like rather than how it looks. I will have some small roasties with it.

And I can have some more on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday too, two or three meals from one pie*^O^||3 eat

I watched a cookery programme on the Gaelic BBC channel Alba a few minutes ago and found a recipe for homemade strawberry jam, even I could do that(if I thought it economical)

Two and half pounds of strawberries. Two pounds of sugar...into a pan, brought to boiling point, simmer for fifteen minutes, take the film off the top, allow to cool and then pour into glass jars and seal.

I will have jam jars as I start to use what I have purchased lately on my travels but it may be just as easy to carry on buying and let others do the hard work and if I buy from a local producer I know what they put into their products as they are not mass produced and the quality is there.

What would I pay for the fruit and sugar plus energy to cook it? Having said that, I am quite proud of my skills in the kitchen.

Some good recipes on the series and they have subtitles for those of us who don't speak gaelic but sadly there are no english translations on the website, so if you don't make notes when watching you'll struggle later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home