My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I've Invested In A Man Gadget...

Steady...don't get any ideas. This was one item I said that I would not buy. A pair of bathroom scales...well they are a little more than that. I could have possibly made a better choice but I'll stick with them.

There are some that give you a body mass index reading. These only give weight, body fat and water reading. The annoying thing was that for some reason I kept getting an error reading when I tried to take my body fat/water reading*X( angryand the solution? I have to have slightly moist skin on the souls of my feet. It sends a little electric current through my body:eek:they say is not harmful.

I'll keep it, I don't need to check those too often. And the scales weigh ok. I can work out my BMI via the internet and once I reach my ideal weight I can manage without doing that as I know below 9st-8st puts me into the range of not being underweight or overweight but I am not obese.

It appears for my height and weight I am at this minute overweight but I have the problem of water retention with kidney problems so that can to some extent give a wrong reading and it could be to blame. I am not obese.

I am 9st 7lbs. If I lose 7lbs my BMI would be fine but I need to lose approx 14lbs)but I am approx 23% body fat and 53% water which seems to be fine and within the acceptable range for my age/sex and height.

It is said that you should not weigh yourself every day and when you do you should do it at the same time of day/week and try to wear the same clothes.

I have heard it said the best time of the day to weigh yourself is before you have your first meal or drink of the day and not until your first visit to the toilet for either function, it can make quite a difference. Then again it can become an obession for some as can dieting in general.

9st is good enough weight but if I want to be really spot on 8st 7lbs(119lbs)would suit me and that allows 7lbs to play with so you can eat a little more. I have to admit having said all the above, I don't sit analysing this. I just eat what I wish and how much too.

You can see how I am doing by the Fitness Pal panel on the left of my blog*:) happy

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Shit, I'm not putting that on my blog! I can see it now

"STILL 25Kg to go!"

28 April 2013 at 20:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span,I was in a spending mood I guess, once bought its done...its guaranteed for 15 years so I better live long enough to see the warranty out.

BTW you know the water reading was 53% I had a wee and having passed the scales again I thought lets see if it made any difference...

Remember I take a water tablets, it had reduced by 2%

I recently purchased a new slow cooker...ok I have a small and large one but the larger one the silver coating has come off the bottom of where the pot sits...so the fear is that it may stop working.

I like to be prepared rather than wait for disaster. The new one had been reduced by £7 and the element works around the pot for even cooking.

Still between the scales and SC my pocket is quite lighter, TV license due in two days unless I decide to give up on live TV but I'll save approx £150.

28 April 2013 at 22:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home