My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

They Say Bread Goes Stale Quickly...

if its home made, well the soughdough loaf that I purchased on Sunday is still ok and since last night I have eaten nearly the whole thing.

Now in general I have followed the intial recipe for my own as shown on Paul Hollywood's tv series but the loaf I purchased and hope to make will look more like the one featured on the site below...I will adapt the instructions slightly and here in the UK most ovens use centigrade rather than farenheight. The loaves shown on tv always look more burnt.

Simply Soughdough

And for those who have difficulty kneading bread this looks interesting...

No Knead Bread

I am actually thinking of making some this weekend...time permitting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should try that No-Knead one. I do have trouble with that and it looks fairly easy.

Well! I've done it! I got caught up! :o)

I've been so busy (this never happens!) I haven't done hardly anything online.

Even "our" website has suffered! I've only been listening to TA and perhaps a couple of other programs, though I've been recording a lot.

Hopefully, things will settle down soon.

I'm so glad things are going well, Gildy. Makes me really happy! :o)

Jan

26 April 2013 at 10:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you :o) and hopefully its going ok for you too. You have done so well for catching up and thank you for caring enough to want to.

Its amazing how many are still listening to the Archers...Still unsure of Lillian's appeal to the male sex unless its the obvious reason :o) and there's Paul that is going to blow up at some point.

At present there are a lot of dodgy criminal types in the storyline and then we have Pip going off the rails...whatever next?

26 April 2013 at 14:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I had to catch-up! I needed to see how my buddy was getting along, didn't I? :o)

Things are going well, at the moment. Really busy with the garden. This should settle down soon, once everything is in it should require as much time...but I am enjoying it. I've been eating out of that garden in my head for months now! :oP Can't wait until we can actually pick! :o)

I reeeeally miss talking TA with you! No one else over on our site likes them (although, I'll bet there are closet listeners. :oP ).

Yes, Lillian must have a lot...going on...so to speak. :oP And yes, Paul's creep-factor went way up as of late, didn't it? Yikes.

Yes, crime has come to Ambridge. It's interesting, but I hope they don't do too much of it.

As for Pip, if I were her mother, it would not take me long to tell here, "Well, dear, if you don't like having to tell us where you are going (which is NOT snooping but common courtesy in this house) and if you don't feel you should have to do your share of work on the farm (which is the reason your still living here in the first place) your father and I will be more than happy to help you move your belongings to your NEW home. Just let us know when and where. Otherwise, these are the rules babe."

But...that's just me. :oP

"Whatever next", indeed, Gildy.

Perhaps Alan will begin a crime ring of his own, consisting of Clarrie, Susan (she's no stranger to the darkside) and Jill, to help pay for the new organ! :o)


Jan

26 April 2013 at 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home