My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Want To Lose Weight Or Reduce Calories...

This seemed quite a good article flagged up by Readers Digest...

Thought that I would share it...

100 Easy Ways To Reduce Calories

Uses For Garlic

Today was different to what I had planned. I woke in plenty of time to attend the Farmers Market in Sunderland and have a day out. I decided to turn over and go back to sleep. Around mid afternoon we had an almighty downpour which turned into hailstones and the first sign of sunshine appeared around 7pm. Which considering the sky looks pretty dark I suspect it is because the sun is low in the sky ready for sunset.

I had a look out and succumbed to buying some reduced items. Well who wouldn't? I found two large chicken pies with creamy sauce and short crust pastry worth £3($4.64)each for 75p($1.16)each. I can get at least two meals out of each. And two blackberry sponge puddings worth £1.80($2.79)for 59p(91c)

It might be nice to make my own pies etc...and that way I know what is in them but I doubt that I could make them much cheaper myself but I will have some of the chicken, veg/gravy topped with puff pastry from the other night soon. And may follow with one of the sponges with custard for a treat.*^O^||3 eat That will not be too bad calorie wise because of my eating less/smaller portions daily.

Did I mention I spent nearly £5.67($8.78)on yogurt*:-O surpriseI can't move for it but they were a good quality brand, nice flavours, 18 pots and half price so normally that would have cost £11.34($17.55) so that makes them 31p(48c)a pot instead of 62p(96c)

The following article Families wasting £50 a month throwing away food, says minister highlights the amount of wasted food is that is thrown away(another such feature)not in this house. And I rarely pay attention to dates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Nice one Gildy, a link about reducing calories then you go on to say you bought a load of pies and pastries! ;-)

27 April 2013 at 20:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It is kind of funny I guess but as my diet is reasonably healthy and I eat smaller portions and combine what I eat with lots of veg. I will probably not put on weight. I don't eat a lot of pastry...

28 April 2013 at 00:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I take your comment in the spirit it was said :o)

28 April 2013 at 00:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home