My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Its Funny...

I have heard tales that if you put household items at the end of your drive on show...they will disappear. I threw an old broken fridge freezer out within hours it was gone.The same thing happened with a stripped down computer case.

Today whilst clearing out I found a typewriter in its case in perfect order but I'll never use one again and we're all using word processors and PC's so I put that out and a pair of bathroom scales that work but needed cleaning. I have my new ones which I purchased a few weeks ago with a digital display and a fifteen year guarantee so they'll probably outlast me.

I had a look out a few minutes ago as I started to think I would have to bring them indoors for the evening and perhaps its not good to leave them out when I am away at the weekend. But they've gone!

If I'd been quicker I have an old bulky PC monitor that could have gone today but I did not manage to get it out and as it is raining now that is not good for electrical items(if there is a chance it could be used)So will attempt to get rid of that next week. I have an LCD flat screen monitor on my PC's now and a spare LCD flat screen monitor for when it breaks down and that is larger and in the new screen shape. It also can be switched to ordinary TV viewing with Freeview but as I watch most TV on the Internet I don't have to do that.

In time I have a combined VCR/DVD to get rid of(No video tapes now to play/record on it)and the DVD part doesn't work and I could/should get rid of the old Sony TV(approx 30 years old)costing around £500 at the time but it still works and I do have a small LCD flat screen to replace it with. I don't need a massive TV but probably should have purchased a larger one than I did.

So I am making headway and can see that I am getting somewhere. By the time I am finished all I'll have are my clothes(mainly charity bought)a few books, my CD collection and now store new music on hard drive or make back up discs in case the hard drive crashes and usually in mp3 form, I can't hear any difference in quality though audiophiles probably can. Oh and my food store.

Every room will be tidy then. And the room that has the most in it is one I hardly use. And would not be one anyone visiting would(The Dining Room)through a lack of space has had to have a tumble drier, fridge/freezer and my food store in it. There are table and chairs too(unused)so one day I may let them go. Then again if I move in the future I may use it again if there is enough space. Its a good one so I am reluctant to let it go.

Not any real personal possessions to speak of. And nothing of value to pass on to anyone at my demise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home