My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Authority...

I hate dealing with authority. I tidied the house as much as I could but my bins are full until Friday so they can take no more but whatever I could do to make the house tidy I did. The landing, hall, dining room, toilet and bedrooms sorted. I shoved some stuff into the bathroom and the kitchen for quickness.

The Housing Association insisted on looking around and decided to take photo's of the untidy rooms and are coming back. They say it is not to threaten me with eviction but more whether I need help and can't cope.

I don't believe them when they say it will not be on my records. Within an hour of them leaving the kitchen was tidy and I am already on with the bathroom. I told them I was going through rubbish. And it would be quickly seen to.

Another unexpected person called later and I showed her what they were going on about and she thought they were over reacting and she calls here every few months and knows how tidy this place usually is.

Always something to worry about.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



I suppose if your a man of leisure with no real worries you just keep buying things and of course that starts filling up the rooms.

8 May 2013 at 18:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have worries(I'm quite open)but I do keep some things private. This is rubbish/paperwork etc...Most rooms are quite empty. And becoming even more so. I don't buy ornaments/pictures etc...its just more things to dust and clutter up rooms.

8 May 2013 at 19:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Why did the HA come round and inspect the house and why did they take photographs? Surely that is an invasion of your privacy.

I know sometimes things happen and we wish we had reacted differently but from what I can see you have done nothing wrong! Dont go getting rid of your stuff just to satisfy the jobs worths.

What can they do to you anyway?

Heather

10 May 2013 at 17:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I agree Heather. I was under the impression that only one was calling and it was just to ask questions about my entitlements and that I am who I am.

There was no mention that they would look around the house and the letter telling me they were coming made no mention it was an inspection. Perhaps I had the right to refuse but I really don't know and they could probably return officially.

And you don't always know your rights and think if you come across as a trouble maker or they can use that as an excuse you are vulnerable.

Not sure where I stand...whether to let it go or kick up a fuss.

10 May 2013 at 17:43  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I did not go to see my Dr, thought I'd leave until next week, get out over the weekend, do some more tidying up.

My Dr knows about my situation and am sure he would support me. He knows about my food store, my buying of charity clothes etc...and he and those I call aquaintances think I am coping well and there is nothing strange about me.

The only people I have ever had any run ins with are those who unfortunately are in charge, I was unhappy with those who dealt with our problems when Mum was ill(The social worker who became involved in our situation and one particular district nurse)and now the Housing Association.

And you feel powerless and are not sure where to go to for advice or get your views across.

I bother no one and I like to be left alone.

10 May 2013 at 17:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was me I would try and forget about it. Certainly dont go chucking away your possessions.

Its awful to say but, like alot of things these days, people just follow a script and box tick.

What is it you want advice about?

Heather

10 May 2013 at 18:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wonder what is on my file/records about me and what they'll do with those images and this also means I'll be pestered or get more visits than others do.

Especially when I explained what I was doing and 95% of the house was tidy. It makes me look like a bad tennent and I have lived here for nearly 54 years.

10 May 2013 at 20:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Not much to throw away now Heather :o)If I keep my clothes, CD's, a few books, food and computers/TV/radio that's about it.

10 May 2013 at 20:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home