My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Doh! Or Is That Dough?

What an idiot! Just about killed off my Sourdough Starter...well, hopefully not. Just put the progress back and at least I did not throw it away...

It became watery and I could not think why...

I weighed the flour and added the grapes but because I was using a new water jug and was unfamiliar with the measures on the side I decided to weigh the liquid and can you see what's wrong with that idea? I think the problem is you weigh dry goods but go by volume with liquid.

So I have added more flour and fruit. It seems to be getting its stretchy consistancy again, we'll see.

Do you get my little joke at the start of the post? Doh as in stupid(Homer Simpson)or dough as in bread :o) Not good when it has to be explained...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I see what you did there! :o)

I think it's kind of hard to kill it off completely. Sounds like you saved it.

Jan

26 April 2013 at 10:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home