My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Whilst I Have My Bus Pass...

And none of us know if that perk will be available as the Governments make cutbacks...as pensioners or disabled are seeing what the future holds.

So its been ages since I vistited a seaside so if we have some decent weather, I'm going to try and ride to Redcar which is about as near as I can get to the coast, there or Seaton Carew. In a car you probably could do that in 30-40 minutes via a direct route but because you need to change buses or take silly roundabout ways to get there it will take up to two hours in both directions.

And the buses that come return stop by teatime so you'd hardly be there, leaving virtually as soon as you arrive. However, if I come home in an indirect way, add more miles and time to my journey I can stay much longer. My part of the county is really badly served. You are generally well served in the North and either side of my area but if you want to come across the county from east to west forget it!

So instead of being able to go from Redcar to Middlesborough(it can be done in 19 mins by car)the bus takes approx an hour and then back to Darlington and onto my area(it can be done in 31 mins)but the bus takes 45mins or more but I'll have to come home via Redcar to Middlesborough to Durham and then my way. And altogether that comes in at around 150 minutes.

No wonder people give up.

If you don't know my area it probably means very little to you but it may ring true to similar problems in your own area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home