My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 05, 2013

I Don't Remember If I Purchased These When I Was A Child...

But I happened to have a sherbet fountain in the house and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And what surprised me even more was that I quite like the licorice stick...and I don't like licorice...well I thought that I didn't.

I have discovered that I can see a West End play relayed to a local theatres accross the UK in June starring Helen Mirran  as the Queen so I may book for that, its been over twenty years since I saw a stage play...

By the way did I mention(unless something unexpected happens)I will see The Hollies in October and I have never seen him on stage doing his magic act...Paul Daniels in September.

In August a musical based on the life of Glenn Miller featuring his wonderful music.

I've just realised that I don't think I mentioned the concert I saw on Wednesday with some of the original artists of the 60's. Some are just the right side of 70 years of age, others have passed it.

Generally it was a tip top show, Dave Berry, Mike Pender(original voice of the Searchers)The Merseybeats, Wayne Fontana and The New Amen Corner. All their hits were covered and some new songs that they would not have sung then.

Wayne Fontana mentioned Grahame Gouldman who wrote many hits the early 60's before becoming a member of 10cc in the 70's and Wax much later. He write songs for the Yardbirds, The Hollies, Hermans Hermits and Wayne. All being well I will be seeing him next Thursday but its a nightmare getting there and even worse coming home. I may have to spring for a taxi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home