My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

I Haven't Seen A Film In Years...

on tv or the cinema...caring for Mum and then the travel and price charged has put me off...an advantage of Sky I suppose...

Anyhow the local town hall I have started seeing some shows also screen films for £4 and with my bus pass whilst I have use of one I save adding another £4-£7 on top.

I see that they are showing in April Skyfall, Lincoln and Les Miserables just debating if I should consider going. They are only on for one night.

I think they have some kind of offer too where if you see two films you can see a third one for free.

For those who can go out during the day they screen film on a weekday afternoon of a classic nature from a few years ago for £5 and you get a cup of tea and biscuits or cake/scone. So they are trying to get the community involved.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

My daughter went to see Les Mis and enjoyed it even though she said it was two hours plus of people singing badly.

Our local theatre has live link-ups with the New York Met every year and I keep saying I will go and see opera 'live' but never quite manage it.

7 April 2013 at 17:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Community Cinema's are a great idea Im all for them.

Skyfall definetely worth seeing.

Glad to see you are getting out and about more.
Best wishes

Heather

7 April 2013 at 17:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Heather and Paul,
Perhaps I'll try and make the effort, after all I am fortunate that I am able but as the cutbacks bite, my help is probably reduced and if the pass is taken away that would be the end of doing much of this...

7 April 2013 at 19:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home