My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Dennis Locorriere

So I saw him in concert last night. He must have some stamina. The previous night he was in Dublin, Ireland. Then Darlington in the North of England. Sixty three isn't old but the itinerary is long and hard and over approx three months and I assume when over he'll return to the States(he lives in Nashville)

Just Dennis and his guitar. He was well received and with warmth. Whats becoming a bit annoying is that its one thing to react with the performer and enjoy it but some are now talking when the performer sings or is talking to the audience. I think they forget that they are not at home watching a TV.

I have heard this has become a problem in cinemas but it seems to be now a problem at live entertainment.

He sang a lot of his own material(done after his fronting of Dr Hook)but with his distinctive voice the audience responded the greatest to when he sang songs associated with the group. He must be proud of the legacy of his work as part of that ensemble but I do wonder if it also irks slightly going back to "Sylvia's Mother" "Cover Of The Rolling Stone" "A Little Bit More" "If Not You" "More Like The Movies" and others.

They could be Dr Hook songs too but I am not up on their music as much as I should be. Live versions of some his solo work as we heard last night can be listened on the follow link. They included "Ask Her" "Freakin' At The Freaker's Ball" "Shine Son" "A Couple More Years" "Everybody Loves Me" "Different Faces" "My Guitar" "The Things I Didn't Say" 

He really did put his all into his show and the show lasted 105 minutes...he had warmth and personality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home