My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How Weird...

The things you discover by accident...the plan was that one day I would order lots of my favourite sweets online as there are so few traditional sweet shops(but there are more these days)than there used to be.

I don't go to the local town of Shildon because many of the shops seem to be closing and the choice limited. Its not helped by the fact that the route the bus takes from my town stops at a kind of mini terminus that misses out the shopping area.

I have on my blog a link to a site called "A Quarter of Sweets" where you can purchase all those sweets that you remember from your childhood. I was looking to see a sweetshop I found in Redcar but did not visit on Saturday with no luck but Google flagged up the above and...

Then showed me that the same business has a shop under a different name...and it is in...Shildon. Approx 3 miles away...It is next door to one of those old fashioned but highly valued iron mongers, that is next to a traditional greengrocer which is next to a traditional butcher and though not massive there is also quite close by a reasonably sized supermarket run by Morrisons.

Virtually next to that is a business that sells discounted furnishings, household goods, clothes and footwear etc...(that is where the original trainers I was having difficulty finding)are stocked. Oh and it has something else that my town no longer has...a shoe repairer.

Also there is a food retailer that stocks some heavily discounted food items or offers larger items at low prices. So I am starting to think I should consider having another look quite soon.

I started looking for something unconnected and I found all this right on my doorstep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love when that happens. :o)

Jan

26 April 2013 at 09:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home