My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I've Won A Prize...

I attended my first Farmers Market at the weekend as you know and had the chance to revisit some childhood memories...the prizes were not arranged by the market. To get to Saltburn you have to go through Marske, often in my really young days, my parents and myself would go there.

My memory is a little hazy, not sure we went on the beach that much, we'd have a radio on in the car(have a flask of tea, sandwiches and cakes etc...)look out to sea, have a little walk. Occasionally, I remember going with relatives who travelled in their car and we'd meet there(my cousin, Mum's sister and Dad's cousin)

I hoped to win a hamper in a free draw but there was a Twitter Draw too...missed out on the first option but...have won a prize in the second which is some kind of travel prize.

If it is free travel...I have that with my bus pass but if it is something a bit different(I hope that it is)I'll not complain. If its free travel(perhaps to travel for a week etc...)I've not gained anything. Won't know until it arrives. Must not be ungrateful.

If that's what it is, it would be handy to have if you don't have a pass. Then again, if it means I can have a train ride that could be a change and a bit of fun...

Must get those photo's uploaded that I promised at the weekend. Another bad day weather wise though some sun is finally starting to show. Temporary I am sure...its blustery and seems cold out. Still wondering whether to remain indoors having avoided going out yesterday or to go out for the sake of doing so. But as I have food it really is unnecessary.

Especially in this weather. Not as stir crazy as I sometimes have been in the past few months. I am at the music club tonight. So will be out for a few hours. Also tomorrow night at another musical event. Of course come Monday it is a year since Mum passed away, hard to believe that much time has gone by.

The house has been warmer(I have no idea why)even without the central heating on.

Overnight and this morning the thermometer was saying 18c(66f)and I have managed to avoid wearing as much clothing and the usual hats, scarfs and gloves. I was even able to take some clothing off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!....as we say here :o)

Ooh, I do hope it's a really wonderful trip!

Congratulations!

Jan

26 April 2013 at 08:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You may have seen...I won two day bus tickets which without use of a bus pass would be great but at this time not much use. But they are valid for almost a year so will keep them back for an emergency.

What I could have done with the hamper :o)

Still it was nice to win something.

Who knows I may forward them on as a prize for some cause if I can find a suitable one.

26 April 2013 at 13:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. :o/ Well, as you say winning is pretty cool at any rate.

Forwarding them for prizes is a great idea. A better one would be finding someone without a bus pass and going on a trip with them! :o)

Jan :o)

26 April 2013 at 18:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home