My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Redcar...Near Saltburn


I have heard of this being done but never seen it for myself. Most of the shops in Redcar's retail area are occupied.Not sure how well they are doing as it is hard times but(rather than have empty or boarded up shop fronts)many towns have been putting pictures on the empty buildings. Does it work?


As you can see there is a lot of work being carried out, lots of iron fences, walls, bollards etc...the work has been going on for ages and even the bus shelters are in a variety of designs.

 
Redcar's new virtical pier which is illuminated in the evening. More views below.


 



 
These wind turbines really do dominate this area of Redcar and are virtually in front of the virtical pier and seem large when you stand on the beach. Considering I have not been to Redcar a lot and as its been years it is difficult to sometimes compare the difference and it will be interesting to see how it looks when all the alterations are complete.

(Remember that you can click on the images and see them larger and in two different sizes)to return to the blog use the back button on your browser.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are a great idea. Much better than an empty space or boarded up.

Love the panda! :o)

Jan

26 April 2013 at 09:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home