My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Funny How Publicity Works...

Or doesn't. I see Paul Jones and other members of the 60's band Manfred Mann(all being well the day after my birthday)

I like the theatre and its quite easy to get to.

But after signing up for a ticket. They will now play two shows at other theatres that I could go and the sound and view is actually better. But if you wait too long to see if extra shows are arranged you could miss them altogether.

Joe Brown is appearing again nearby at the end of the year, if he was doing a different set I'd consider seeing him again but if its the same show I'd rather put the money to another show or save it.

Next week I see Graham Gouldman in a nearby town but the problem of getting home is emense. And using buses I will be stranded miles from home either route I take I can be either 7, 8 or 12 miles from home so the plan is to use my pass and get to either of the first two destinations and book a taxi. that will make it slightly cheaper. Only my town is affected just about every other town you can travel home and not be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

He wrote songs for the Merseybeats, The Hollies, The Yardbirds, Herman's Hermits amongst others and then was a band member of 10cc and later a duo with Andrew Gold called Wax.

I have done all I could to see if Graham might play a theatre nearer where I live to avoid this problem and e-mailed  and talked with the PR company he uses and to be honest they were all hopeless, no could answer my questions, people were away, people promised to e-mail or phone me back and never did. I gave up.

I bet they are being well paid but you wonder what for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home