My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Starter Dough Is...

continuing to ferment or whatever the term is...getting closer to the next stage of baking my loaf.

In the meantime I did attend the second day of the Food Festival in Bishop Auckland. I found out too late that the Beer Festival was now free and I was already home when I found that out. And thanks to the bus service ending at 6pm I cannot return and take advantage.

I did spent a little more money...so now I will avoid spending for a while. I am happy with my haul but it was not inexpensive...but what I have will last me because I'll make it last and what I have will be a treat.

There was a great stall selling cordials and they are beautiful, I could only afford the one and sadly the company only appears at Food Festivals and not many in the North of England. You can buy on line and some retailers in the South stock them. He is appearing at a festival in May in Tynemouth, I may try to visit the event and buy a few more...

I chose English Elderflower And Bramley Apple.

They are seriously wonderful...

Mr Fitzpatrick's Vintage Cordial

Tynemouth Food Festival

The other stall holder that really needs mentioning is Just Williams. I love that play on the name associated with the children's series of books written by Richmal Crompton called Just William.

My marmelade and jams are usually really cheap often not even as much as a £1. But these jams are special and they will be lovely on my home made bread.

The flavours are different, a lot of care has gone into the product and I like the person who is running the business, to some extent he is local so hopefully I can buy some more of his range again. He does get to some of the markets in the area and also has his goods on sale in some stockists.

Even the jars look different and are sealed in a different way to those you find in the shops. I was spoilt for choice and though I probably could only afford one, I decided to buy three and saved £1.50.

They have a long date on them so I will wait before using them...

I chose for Rhubarb and Stem Ginger, Summer Medley(made with Redcurrents, Blackcurrents, Whitecurrents, Raspberries)and Brambles, Crabapple and Eldlerberry's.

I will try and find a use for the jars or am tempted to return them to be reused. If we all did this it could help keep his costs down.

Again you can buy online or if in the area perhaps you may find the jams on sale at a market or in a local shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home