My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I've Made Some Sourdough Starter...

How easy was that?

I thought my Kilner jar was big enough to contain the dough but it has already filled the jar that I have and as it has to rise I have had to buy a large one. My original jar was too small though I thought it was originally ok.

Here are some links in case you would like to have a go yourself...you can make it as difficult or as easy as you wish...I made my dough around two hours ago and already it has taken hold. It is very stretchy and that means the Gluten is happening. The next step for me happens in three days when I have to feed it again.

I have used the method as broadcast on Paul Hollywood's TV series...see the first two links.

Sourdough Starter

Classic sourdough loaf

Alternative site dedicated to Sourdough Bread

I managed to buy two loaves of bread(whilst buying the larger glass jar)this evening and paid a total of 17p.

The next idea is to try and make some Soda bread.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a volunteer grape vine along the back fence of my property. It puts off the sweetest seedless grapes. The variety is really good for raisins. Anyway, it is looooaded with grapes so the harvest this year will be phenomenal.

I really should try the grape starter for sourdough with these.

Thanks for putting those up, Gildy.

Jan :o)

26 April 2013 at 09:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home