My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 08, 2013

Another Little Shop Today...

To make my bed more comfortable and warm...a few people have suggested that you lay on a duvet or a fleece blanket between the mattress and the sheet that you lie on...

The discount supermarket Aldi's had some special buys this past weekend. Mattress protectors that are like slightly thinner duvets with a filling to also help stop dust mites and allergies. They were well priced so I purchased one for the double bed and one for the single.

So what I am probably going to do tomorrow is...

Put the waterproof one on the mattress first. Then the new one, followed by the electric blanket covered by the cotton sheet. When its cold hopefully the new duvet(they call it a mattress protector)will make the bed warmer but the electric blanket is there as another possibility. Not forgetting the cheap option of hot water bottles.

On top of the bed I have a sheet/duvet(I may soon put the duvet into a fancy cover)but for now I have some fleece throws over the duvet. It all helps...

Now, I have enough cook books and recipes but it is my weakness, I have many great sites stored on my computers too but I get great pleasure thinking of all the meals I may cook one day or how I will adapt them and plan to try and make at least two or three special meals each week as I used to even if the rest are simple.

So I picked up a couple at the charity shop both featuring weight watchers recipes.

The other day you may remember that I seem to have fallen in love with licorice...who would have thought it. So today for £1 I treated myself to a bag of licorice twists...they are short little pieces, a 300g bag but there were some smaller pieces in another one called licorice cuts(same price)but 50g less so I kept to my original choice.

Picked  up a few more bargains at the supermarket...some sliced garlic chicken, topside beef and turkey(worth around £9)I paid approx £3.50.Not everything had been put out on the shelf and I noticed them marking items down so hung around until they were put out.

I tried out my new replacement potato peelers and they are fine...so I now have a pan of water in which potatoes and swede are soaking to get rid of some of the starch and potassium. Later today and probably tomorrow I will boil them, mash some with the swede and have it with sliced roast beef or turkey, use the gravy originally to have with the venison I purchased a while back, Yorkshire puddings and some more vegetables followed by a dessert(yet to decide what)

Remaining potatoes will either be eaten during the following days by having them as they are or sliced and fried or chipped.

I'm not a big drinker but whilst there is still some cheap booze around(always under threat due to changes in Government thinking)I managed to buy some cider and larger(4 cans of each)and they came in at around at a total of £3.09. I didn't think that was bad...they'll last me a while...

Going to catch up on a small amount of TV now and what am I  going to watch? Some cookery programmes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home