My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Do You Get Spam Texts On Your Mobile?

It appears in the UK you can stop them...

Don't open them as that proves that your number exists...

If you forward them to the number "7726" if you are on the following networks O2, Orange and T-mobile or Vodafone 87726 and Three 37726, doing so eventually blocks them so that if that number calls again it will not get through.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



My phone is too cheap and old to recieve more than a couple of lines of text,so they don't bother.

Ask your gas company about getting your loft insulated and cavity wall filling for free that will save the heat.
Arthur

15 November 2012 at 08:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Arthur...
Already insulated and wall filled(also double glazing)but if I still feel cold it makes you wonder what it used to be like. Yet I remember this house always being lovely and warm in all weathers...so I have no idea what happened. Now I have been quite snuggly in bed all night so why are my feet cold now? :-)

My phone is pretty basic too but a few texts have got through in the past...but as use my mobile and ordinary phone hardly at all, I miss most cold calls...and unless my one living relative phones to say "How are you?" No one phones...

So any other calls are trying to sell something or may be some Government department I don't want to hear from so I leave the ringer off.

I never knew these numbers existed until now...

15 November 2012 at 09:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home