My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Had To Go Out...

just to head off thinking too deeply and ease my loss of Mum. But where do you go? When the bus service is poor and most places involve spending money...you guessed it, the supermarket only a couple of streets away.

It filled an hour or so and again I found some items that were reduced. I found a variety of fresh fruit(Prepared, cut...pineapple, grapes, melon and kiwi)cartons of strawberries. Vegetables(a head of cabbage)and a loaf of bread. What were they worth? £11.07 and I spent £1. Or you can look at it another way. The bread was not out of date and was worth £1.40(I paid 23p)so for less than the price of the bread I got all that extra stuff.

These past few nights I have seen someone that I have known by sight and he has been doing this for over ten years, probably longer. He walks around the town centre(he's not homeless)he has worn the same blue raincoat and flat cap in all that time and he always has a plastic carrier bag. So what does he do?

He goes through litter bins, bins where people stub out their cigarettes and looks at the public footpaths for...cigarette dumps. Every day...

All life is here!

2 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

Hey Anthony,

Hope you are ok? Sorry I have not been in touch for some time but something or other always seems to crop up, what with work and family.

I will write soon....promise. x

2 November 2012 at 17:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Same here Carol. I will try and catch up soon.

2 November 2012 at 23:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home