My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Please...

I found tonight that BBC TV was running an episode(the third in the series)so sadly I have missed two earlier episodes of one of my favourite comedy perfomers/writers/actors/directors(he did it all)who I fortunately saw twice "Live" on stage. He passed away earlier this year...also BBC 2 screened a documentary about his life...with lots of stories from those who knew him as a friend and worked with him...peppered with many examples of his work.

I don't know why but I have just looked at You Tube and there is so much of his material to be seen...Please go and look at this genius of comedy and enjoy...Eric Sykes...I thought that I had seen much of his work for TV and films, still I found something new...two of these I have never seen before.

Eric was just about the only person who could still perform almost silent comedy and persuade many performers to play cameo roles so in particular do hunt out "It's Your Move" and "The Plank" and "Mr H Is Late" "The Plank"(Reworking of it, different actors, shorter length and newer)In fact the second time I saw Eric on stage, he tested this version out on the audience at the theatre to see the reaction before it aired.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Was he a paedophile?

(sorry, just seems to be the only thing in the news lately!!)

4 November 2012 at 16:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I know, just about every celeb possible is being brought up on the internet and some of it is out of hand...and the media under the guise of wanting justice for victims are adding fuel to the fire...

If you don't condemn what is going on you'll be criticised and possibly said to support this horrible crime, if you get involved paranoia sets in.

I have said elsewhere that to keep beating the BBC in particular with this stick as though it is just their problem is wrong and some of the media has an agenda against the BBC so this another one to use.

It can happen in any walk of life, to any social class, any age, any gender but perhaps it is more likely to happen in the kind of world that show business happens to be perhaps it would be interesting to find out why.

I suspect it is because vulnerable people are initially awstruck and are offered money, gifts and taken to placed they do not normally experience.

There have been cases in the music world going back years. A DJ from pirate radio in the 60's ended up in jail for similar practices many, many years ago...

Many professions can no longer be done on a one to one bases for the safety of a possible victim and to protect some one who could be wrongly accused.

The trouble is that you can be accused or be a victim at any age and mud sticks even if you are innocent.

5 November 2012 at 03:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the vulnerable people in the present case were young children, many in homes of one kind or another. Others were in hospital. The BBC have apparently ignored people who tried to say something because Savile was highly popular, why I don't know, he was odd to say the least and so full of his own importance. Others who have been mentioned will need to be found innocent. GG is one of them, and with his track record and a friend of Savile's he must be a suspect.

5 November 2012 at 23:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I never got the appeal of Saville. Hopefully the right people will be punished, the trouble is as time passes by, more are no longer alive to face any charges.

6 November 2012 at 08:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home