My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

I'll Try And Tidy Myself Up For Tomorrow...

Just smart casual...for the theatre...trousers(naturally)Shirt, might look for a tie but a lot of the shirts that  I wear are not seen with ties, I have light jerkin type jacket I think I can get away with rather than a heavy coat for outside. This is for the theatre of course...

I'm leaving getting shaved until tomorrow too, think I'll buy a day saver ticket then I can use to travel to the neighbouring town, catch a bus down to the theatre and do it in reverse when I come out.

Did a little shopping, money doesn't go far does it? I purchased some potatoes(originally there were some new potatoes on offer for £1 and two packets of potatoes that you could do small jacket potatoes for £1 but I had already put off buying my Roosters potatoes because they were £2.19 so I decided to put those back and get my original choice as they were only costing my an extra 19p...and then I saw a virtually similar type of potato variety called Desiree and they were only £2 but had extra in the packet 2.5Kg not just 2Kg so I went for them. It all helps.

I wanted salad items the only good thing was they did have some little extras going on...

Eight tomatoes for £1 instead of six, one bunch of spring onions 90p or two bunches for £1, Celery Hearts for £1 but I had a voucher that reduced the price to 65p, I cannot eat a full lettuce and some of the packets soon go off when opened but for £1.25 there was a twin packet of shredded Ice Berg Lettuce with enough for me. But just for those there's £6 but if you want to eat healthily what can you do?

I also purchased a twin pack of broccoli and cauliflower for £1(a proper full head is probably better value but if you can't eat it all...)I also bought a packet of Curly Kale that was £1. So we're already up to £8. My only concession is a fortnightly magazine whilst I can afford it that works out around at £2. That's £10.

Now as I tend to have a light breakfast and am always looking for bargains I found the full range of Belvita Breakfast Biscuits by Nabisco had been reduced to half price so if I make them last and eat either the recommended 4 biscuits with some fruit or a small yogurt and a cup of tea or coffee that is all the calories I need and a slow release of energy or may get away with just two biscuits.Smiley eating 14.gif

And though that cost me approx £7 in another way I have saved £7 and I might not have considered them at the original price and they have a good long date on them and it's working out approx 17p per day per portion. Coffee may work out around 10p or a small drink of milk perhaps 20p and the yogurt drinks I purchased today are normally £2.25 for four so I would have voided them but an offer was on and I was able to buy eight for £2.25 so that brought the price down to approx 31p per drink and a couple of strawberries perhaps so my Breakfast will cost around 80p, don't think I can get it down much further.

The new Kellogg's range which I nearly considered were double that price and was slightly less in weight and they only had three flavours. Though they did look nice. Another time perhaps...

Anyhow that's coming at around £19 so far. I purchased some mackerel again and some milk that's about £5.25 and some strawberries and blackberries and for my food store some tinned ham and corned beef.

So that came in at around £30! I couldn't spend that amount weekly but once purchased you can make items last and avoid some shopping trips and I avoided taxi fares. And I'll get a few meals/sandwiches out of the potatoes, salad and vegetables...just have to watch the dates so it is eaten and not thrown out.

I reckon I am spending at most £3.50 a day on food but I know as I eat less and portion it out it could be feeding that I will be feeding myself into other weeks and that will come down to nearer 90p-£1.50 daily.

And yet I forgot the one thing that was the reason for going out in the first place...BREAD! I was on my way home when I remembered but there was no way I was going back  for one item so I'll either do without, use up some bread buns or I bake make my own...

I may just wait now until the weekend...

But as time goes on such a shop will probably have to be reduced still further, that's why its handy having a food store and all your cupboards full and perhaps is not such a daft idea...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We go through bread like crazy around here. :oP

I've gotten to where I buy five loaves at a time and freeze four. This saves me from having to make a trip every five minutes.

I find the more trips I make to the store the more stuff jumps into my basket! :o/


Jan

8 September 2012 at 13:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes that is always a problem Jan, you go in for one item and bring out much more.

If I don't go in the first place, I am not tempted. My freezer isn't big enough to store spare bread unfortunately.

It's not really a problem but of late I sometimes find it's easier to make a sandwich than make a meal...

Thing is there are so many varieties I could be making and I seem to end up doing the same type...usually it's basically a salad sandwich. It really wouldn't take me much to change the filling.

8 September 2012 at 22:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home