My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Apologies...

I have an anon saying my punctuation is out. I have looked at the last seven or eight posts and they look ok to me but if there is a problem, sorry! Of course anyone who says that will have to be sure they don't make any Grammar errors and are perfect themselves always a danger when criticising others. Wonder how many posts on blogs, forums and e-mails are perfect?

It's decades since I was at school so I would not be surprised to find it possible to find errors in my writings...well, it's not obligatory to read, if it's that difficult and peppered with mistakes...That Anon will be happy to see that he/she has her own post but again...no names in the comment box...Now, we've had Span, Carol, Jan, Tim and Ceridwen wonder why the rest can't do that out of decency.

After all no one is going to know if it's your real name but if it appears regularly we'll now which anon you are...I guess you ain't going to play ball...and I'm going to give up asking/suggesting that it happens...

Sorry if I am insulting one of the Anons that is generally decent and normally leaves their name...The problem is being on the defensive somewhat where I may have a laugh at a comment and lighten up a little, I find myself wondering if I am reading it correctly.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the paragraph that confused me , as there were no commas, I had to read it two or three times before I understood what you were saying. It's like someone talking without stopping to draw breath .

"I forget where I read it but a discount supermarket that has managed to cash in on the fact that on many items they are cheaper than the main one's in the UK are having difficulty keeping their prices low so if they are not careful they'll catch the others up or they remain cheaper but only because they'll all put their prices up and so the discount store will still be lower but we may still have to buy less because our income will still remain static or reduce."

3 September 2012 at 10:07  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I do go back over posts so probably would've fixed it eventually :-)

I'll take another look...I agree, I think some words need taking out or rearranging.

Now how fair is that?

3 September 2012 at 18:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your blog, Gildy. Post it the way you want, says I.

I noticed still no name. Perhaps we should give him one.

I have a few suggestions. :oP

Jan

5 September 2012 at 20:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, me too...

I made the mistake of saying leave a name otherwise I won't respond and I have done just that.

My blog is mainly just a place to put thoughts, its not the most brilliant or profound and could be boring to some.

Most of us do the same things day in, day out so when the comment was left about it being reverting reading and talking about what I eat etc...I knew it was not a serious post.

Some people have managed to have their blogs become devoted to specific topics and they are more like a business and usually the two most popular are probably to do with recipes and the other is trying to be thrifty which does keep coming into my own.

Something seems to interest those who comment on mine.

5 September 2012 at 20:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's interesting to me because you're my friend and it's good to know what's going on with you.

Not sure why an anonymous would bother reading for years just to snipe at you...but hey...let your freak flag fly. No life, I suppose.


Jan

5 September 2012 at 21:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home