My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

I Found Two Containers Of Small Change...

Too much hassle to take to the bank and have them work out what I had so I used the machine at the local supermarket but in doing so I was charged £7 so that was a bit annoying. Then as it is a nice sunny day I thought I'd try and walk to the place where my trousers are altered but I couldn't do it...so slow and I was in pain. So that meant I lost approx £6 in taxi fares but my comfort is more important. Then of course there was the charge for the alteration so I have gained by having money I did not know I had. But am down down by £20 and feel I haven't really got anything for it.

I had to use a public phone and the minimum charge for calling  a taxi was 60p. I was only on seconds, not that long ago. When did that happen? The last time I used a public telephone it only cost me 20p.

Oh well, I won't have to go there for a long time again to have anything altered and now if it's repairing a hole or sewing a button onto something I'll try and do it myself. And if it's not important I may try fabric glue or that stuff that welds fabric together when heat is applied.

At least it was "Extra" money and in a way what I have remaining means I have got the money back that I paid my gardener to his work. And there's still a little left over...not a lot but I'm not complaining. That may help pay towards travelling to the theatre when the shows start from this Friday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about getting a power chair, Gildy? I think it would probably save you money in the long run and might be easier to get out more.

Not sure how that would work in the rain though. :oP


Jan

5 September 2012 at 20:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That is a distinct possibility...I hear that some virtually as good as new can be found second hand for as little as £500.

They are very popular...

6 September 2012 at 01:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Mom had one and it worked out great for her.

I wish you could try one out for a week or two to see if it would be practical.

Jan

6 September 2012 at 12:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

A lot of people do have them but I'll have to see on a limited budget what other costs are incurred such as charging the battery, repairs and most importantly insurance in case of accidents.

6 September 2012 at 14:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there will be some electricity for the battery charge, but I would think that's pretty minimal. You might ask someone who uses one what their experience is.

I'd never thought of insurance. :o/

Just don't be a wild man and chase little kids are leggy blonds in mini-skirts! :oP

Jan

6 September 2012 at 15:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home