My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

If Money Was No Object...

And if it encourages the population to eat well companies like Wiltshire Foods are B***** good value. I mean the choice and range offered is great and they are delivered to your door so you have to take that into consideration and for the older people in our community how great that all you do is choose what you fancy, it arrives prepared, put it in the freezer and when you are ready, into the oven or microwave.

I would happily use such a service but I'm afraid many of these lovely meals are still more expensive than what I can buy in the local supermarket or order on line or do myself. So to some extent it is a luxury.

But good luck to them, it's a great idea but as food prices rise it will interesting to see how their prices are affected and whether buying contents in bulk how much they can keep prices at an attractive level so they make a profit and the customer base remains intact or increases.

The truth is that we should be eating high quality food and they often say "Cheap" food is coming to an end so the price probably reflects what we should be paying but I have to try and feed myself across the whole day for £2 and less.

So this post is not criticising, rather the reverse...the thruth is more that the cost of living is too high and wages/benefits too low...

No doubt it will be shown around the world but many in the UK are looking forward to a new series on tv showing what life was like on a farm during WWII. The book of the series has been released already and is doing very well...

Guess what it's called "Wartime Farm"

It might turn up on PBS in the states...we now have PBS in the UK but it's not on the platform I have at present but I do listen to and download some podcasts from NPR...

I am a great believer in comfort food and it can be so tasty and inexpensive and not difficult to prepare/cook.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same people have also done series in the past called Tudor farm ( I think ) Edwardian Farm & Victorian farm . They often have them on the Yesterday channel ( Freeview channel 12 ) You should watch them, they're very good.

6 September 2012 at 23:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a clip from one of them, on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPw8Wvm5kxA

6 September 2012 at 23:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks for that I don't think my Freesat box gets Yesterday but just maybe I'll find it on You Tube..

Appreciate that...

7 September 2012 at 00:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Watched War Time Farm. Glad that I did but think it will be better from next week. Episode One was kind of setting up the series...

7 September 2012 at 02:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't listen to NPR much. My oldest son likes it though.

Ooh, I hope they have that one on PBS. It sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

Jan

8 September 2012 at 13:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home