My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Slept Reasonably Well Last Night...

There's not much on TV that interests me I am a Radio person but I did watch QI with Stephen Fry, I have started watching some of The Egg Heads quizes which Mum used to like, wasn't sure I could but I have so it proves I that I able...

And though there are some aspects of it I don't like, I watched Mrs Brown's Boys but I do think Brendan O'Carroll  is very good at playing the main character and I believe he writes it too and he keeps it in the family so to speak as the actress Jennifer Gibney who plays his eldest daughter is in real life his wife...his daughter Fiona O'Carroll plays his daughter in law, his sister Eilish O'Caroll plays his neighbour and friend, his son Danny O'Carroll and his wife Amanda Woods have small parts in the series too.

When talking about Mrs Brown it get a bit difficult when the character is a man playing a female as you don't know whether to use the term he/she. What I do like is that it has a kind of feeling of comedies of the past and if a mistake is made they usually keep it in the show and have fun with it, they also often show the audience so you can never forget it isn't real, also the main character looks and talks to the camera/audience and reacts, a little like Laurel and hardy used to do in their films.

I have not see the film but lots of clips and images of Mrs Doubtfire with Robin Williams and I always seem to see simularities between how the two seem to be. Except that in Mrs Doubtfire it was made clear she that wasn't a real woman and was a man(same in Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman)whereas in Mrs Browns Boys the character is meant to be real tough we know otherwise.

Now this morning I managed to get a lie in and looking at the weather there was no reason to go out...but I had a bit of a strange feeling in the tummy(those butterflies)so that probably is connected to the loss of Mum, I'm trying to accept that as being normal now...and most of the day I have felt quite good

However, I don't remember much about it and I suspect I only dozed off for perhaps 10 minutes but I think that I had a dream and both Mum and Dad in it and as I remember them and I think that I heard their voices too. I don't usually remember dreams but there was a documentary on the radio about Blackpool Illuminations celebrating their 100th Anniversary and I am sure that my dream was set in...Blackpool...

It's a still a bit of an effort to use a bus and I have to get to the bus route but I think I found a cheaper way  of getting to the theatre(at least one way)I don't there is a bus to get me home(too late)whilst I have it I may be able to use it for a few rides over the week so get to see a little more the area(still too expensive to do regularly(but cheaper than a taxi)

I don't need any shopping at present(and have to watch the money)but it would make it possibly worth considering in the future when I need to shop again and visit a neighbouring town...But put it this way the ticket would pay approx a week of the Bedroom Tax that'were s coming so again I'd rather pay that. It just gets an idea of comparisons...

In recent weeks more people I and Mum enjoyed and grew up on have passed away(of course they will because of their ages)Today it was Max Bygraves,we used to watch his tv shows and I think we saw him on stage a couple of times, a week or so ago it was the comedienne Phyllis Diller who was only seen occasionally on tv in the UK but I do remember seeing a film in a local cinema of the US comedy The Munsters and the second film starred Phyllis, Scott McKenzie who sang the song always associated with the 1960's  San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)but again he probably did so much more such as composing songs but you lose track of what else some people do in their lives and of course last weekend the first man to walk on the moon in 1969 Neil Armtrong R.I.P.

I am a mixed up about the event. I do remember watching the Lunar Module leaving the Command Rocket and going down to the surface of the Moon and I have seen and heard the footage of Armstrong and Aldrin walking on the moon so often that clouds my memory but I have a feeling that Armstrong getting out of the LM happened quite a few hours after it had landed so it would be the middle of the night in the UK. So perhaps we had gone to bed by then but I don't know.

I do remember walking past a tv shop the next day and they always used to have the tv's on in the window and they were all tuned into them walking on the moon. But I don't know if that was live or a replay.

Another great has been lost since writing the above, The lyricist Hal David who wrote many popular songs with Burt Bacharach.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I must say it has been great reading the anons' comments (definitely more than one). Some are very funny, albeit a bit direct. It's not a question of 'letting them win' as your new image says, but more a question of don't let them get you down. It would be boring if everyone agreed with everything you say; I know I disagree with a lot you write (and you know I do!) and there are always two or more perceptions of any issue so I would happily accept the Anons but be prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

2 September 2012 at 19:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, the world would be a dull place Span and I never asked for people to agree necessarily. You do it with respect though, some of the Anons are ok but sometimes it feels a bit troll like.

2 September 2012 at 19:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I may have to see if I can change the slogan and you are right. Sorry to offend anyone the ideal slogan would be "Dont let the B******* get you down!"

But that doesn't make it clear who it is aimed at but it's not fair because some anon's are reasonable and do add a name such as Carol, Jan and Tim. It makes things so much easier.

2 September 2012 at 19:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy is a troll and a jerk. (You know the one I mean.)

He needs to go find HIMSELF a life, and cut the commentary on yours, if you don't mind me saying.

It's unhelpful to say the least and really pisses me off.

Makes me lose my temper and I don't like doing that. :oP

Sorry for the outbursts.
Jan :o/

5 September 2012 at 20:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home