My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Well That Was Interesting...

I have only had one meal today and used up something I only tried after Mum passed away never tried it before...

Quorn! I don't know much about it to be perfectly honest except it seems to be some kind of fungi so I assume is related in some way to mushrooms, they say it's meat free and high in fibre and protein.

Well, I have to admit I could not tell that there was no meat in it...what do I know. There was mashed potato and gravy but they were a bit stingy on the vegetables you need a microscope to see the peas, carrots and onion. Calorific value...334kcal for 500g

I think the Quorn chicken pieces is a better buy in every way for the amount of Quorn in the box and price wise...

I've been avoiding some foods if they need to be done in a main oven(thinking of the energy used)but whilst writing this I think I may be able to get away with doing them in the combi microwave or on the mini George Forman grill I have...will have to think about that.

Not me but quite a few people noticing that prices are creeping up so a little extra food store is not as daft as you may think. And what I have not only has good dates on them they do allow me some variety in my diet and canned/dried goods do last longer or are not wasted as much as sometimes chilled items do when all the dates start to seemingly clash.

I forget where I read it. A discount supermarket that sell items cheaper than the main four or five supermarkets are having difficulty keeping their prices low. If they are not careful they'll catch the others up, or will still be cheaper but only because they'll all put their prices up,  so the discount store will still be priced lower but we may have to buy less because our income remains static or reduced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home